The game involves a homeowner protecting home from ever more powerful waves of invading zombies by buying and placing various kinds of anti-zombie plants on your lawn. You must defend the homeowner's house during day or night, in the front yard and the backyard.
During each level, zombies gradually make their way leftward from the street towards your home. Your post is to resist the zombie attack by collecting sun and using it to buy various defensive plants to place on your lawn. If you demolish all the zombies in a level, you proceed to the next level. If a zombie makes it all the way to the left side of the screen, you lose.
Game modes on Plants vs. Zombies
- Adventure mode is the primary mode of Plants vs. Zombies, pitting you and your planting prowess against the hordes of the undead who hunger for both your brains and your real estate.
- Mini-games are unlocked once you receive the present in the middle of level 3-2 in Adventure mode. Access the mini-games by clicking the "Mini-Games" button on the Main Menu gravestone.
- Puzzle mode is unlocked once you receive the present in the middle of level 4-6 in Adventure mode. Access the puzzles by clicking the "Puzzle" button on the Main Menu gravestone.
- Survival mode is unlocked once you complete Adventure mode. Access Survival mode by clicking the "Survival" button on the Main Menu gravestone.
- Zen Garden is unlocked once you complete level 5-4 in Adventure mode. Access the Zen Garden by clicking the "Zen Garden" watering can on the Main Menu.
Many people like this game, whether it’s young or adults. Regardless of which side you pick to defend, you'll find a fascinating and highly enjoyable game.